Emotionally-Integrated Mindful Orgasm (EMO)
Members and Applicants, you can request FREE, hands-on training to learn Emotionally-Integrated Mindful Orgasm (EMO) - a practice which teaches you to more fully, richly, deeply, and intimately enjoy your sexual arousal and orgasm.
EMO is a partner practice that incorporates the best of the practices of Mindfulness (Vipassana), Orgasmic Meditation, Emotional Connection, and Masterful Technique (clitoral/G-Spot mastery, etc.). In an EMO session, one partner, using their hands, acts as "Giver" of sensual and sexual stimulation, and the other partner acts as a "Receiver" of that stimulation. The process is successful whether or not the Receiver has an orgasm, because the focus is on both parties' enjoyment of the delicious and intimate details of the exquisite pleasure of the process.
The partners in an EMO session may be romantic or sexual partners, or they may be friends or casual acquaintances, or they may be complete strangers up until the EMO session.
What's an EMO Session Like, in Detail?
An EMO session begins with an Invitation. You meet another Member whom you discover has been trained in EMO, and you decide that you want to practice experiencing deeper pleasure and intimacy and share an EMO experience with them.
Then you simply ask, "Would you like to EMO?"
If you're the one receiving the invitation, you simply say "yes" or "no".
If you're the one issuing the invitation, and the answer you get is "no", you accept that with warmth and grace, realizing that there's a million possible reasons why the answer is "no" - most of which have nothing to do with you.
If the answer you get is "yes", then the two of you agree on the date, time, and location of the EMO session (which could even be right then and there); the duration of the EMO session; and any intimate follow-on activities that you both want to share.
The first part of the actual EMO session is the Prelude, in which the partners share preparatory tasks conducted in a very specific way:
1. Setting up the "Nest" (yoga pad and pillows)
2. The verbal Exchange (to establish or strengthen emotional connection between the partners)
3. Settling into the Nest (in a way that establishes comfort and safety), and
4. The Grounding (to establish a calm Mindfulness)
Next, the core of the session is the Give-Receive, which lasts a fixed amount of time (somewhere between 15 and 30 minutes) as pre-negotiated between the partners, and is timed (generally using a phone app).
The Giver uses their hands to provide sensual and sexual stimulation to the Receiver, using specific techniques while passing through specific phases, but always adjusting to the feedback of the Receiver.
The Receiver maintains an awareness of the Container (the Nest and the protocol that provides safety), engages a Mindful focus on the exquisite details of their pleasure, and enjoys a feeling of intimate connection to the Giver.
When the timer you've set on the phone signals the agreed-upon end of the Give-Receive, the partners either transition to the Resolution (see below), or to some other activity (which should be explicitly pre-negotiated before the session).
At the end of the timed session, the partners may naturally segue into other intimate activities that they negotiate, and the Resolution may occur after that. Or, the partners can go directly into the Resolution.
In the Resolution, the partners in a very specific way verbalize thoughts and feelings from the Give-Receive that they wish to share with each other, the Receiver gets dressed, and the partners enjoy the short ritual of picking up the Nest.
The partners then exchange phone numbers in preparation for the Telephone Follow-Up, and schedule a time for the call. Optionally, the partners can also spend extra time debriefing.
You've just shared a physically intimate experience with someone. Now here's your chance to own that, celebrate it, and honor it as well honoring and stroking the new connection you've made - whatever it's nature - with your EMO partner. And one way to do all of that is to follow up with your partner.
Between one and three days after your EMO session, give your partner a voice phone call - yes, where you hear each others' voices (intonations and all) - and check in with them. It doesn't matter who calls first, but each of you should be ready to be the first.
Ask how they feel about the EMO experience, and talk through whatever thoughts they have about it. Reiterate to your partner the thoughts that in the Prelude you expressed about them, and the thoughts and feelings you expressed in the Resolution.
Remember that this is a real human being like yourself - someone with whom you've started to make an intimate connection of some sort - so make this another chance to deepen that genuine connection. Our lives are enriched by the connections we make with others.
How Does the Training Work?
Your EMO training will include lecture as well as hands-on training and practice, all delivered at Pleasure and Intimacy House. You start out with the class Introductory Receiver Training. After that, if you want to further deepen your pleasure and intimacy experiences, you can then choose to continue with the 3-part EMO Practitioner Training.
Introductory Receiver Training (approx. 2 hrs):
- If this is your first visit, a welcome to Pleasure and Intimacy House (15 min)
- Lecture orientation to EMO (30 min).
- Your instructor hand-holds you as the two of you walk though all five phases of an EMO experience: Invitation, Prelude, Give-Take, Resolution, and Telephone Follow-Up. Your instructor will take the role of the Giver and you will take the role of the Receiver. As the two of you walk though these phases, you will experience an EMO session first-hand and hands-on in the role of the Receiver (90 min).
EMO Practitioner Training
Prerequisite: Introductory Receiver Training
Lesson 1 - Receiver Mindfulness (approx. 2 hrs):
- Lecture orientation to Mindfulness (15 min)
- Introductory, guided sessions in Mindfulness Meditation (30 min).
- Your instructor walks the two of you though all five phases of an EMO experience, with your instructor in the role of Giver and you in the role of Receiver. During the Give-Receive, as the Receiver you focus on paying Mindful attention to the exquisite details of your pleasure (60 min).
- Instructor leaves you with assignments for Mindfulness practice between EMO lessons (15 min).
Lesson 2 - The Container and Emotional Connection (approx. 2 hrs):
- Lecture orientation to Emotional Connection exercises (30 min)
- Lecture on maintaining the integrity of the Container (30 min).
- You and your instructor walk though all five phases of an EMO experience, with your instructor in the role of Giver and you in the role of Receiver. You take a greater part in maintaining the integrity of the Container and in strengthening the Emotional Connection. As the Receiver, you continue to focus on paying Mindful attention to the exquisite details of your pleasure (60 min).
Lesson 3 - Giver Training (approx. 2 hrs):
- Lecture and practice exercises in Masterful Technique exercises (60 min)
- You and your instructor walk though all five phases of an EMO experience, with YOU in the role of Giver and either the instructor or another trained EMO practitioner in the role of Receiver. You take a leading role in maintaining the integrity of the Container and in strengthening the Emotional Connection between you and your EMO partner. As the Giver, you focus on Masterful Technique to deliver exquisite pleasure to your partner (60 min).
Foundational Skills and Practices
EMO experiences are enhanced through focused training the applicable elements of four foundational skills: Mindfulness, Orgasmic Meditation, Emotional Connection, and Masterful Technique.
Mindfulness is a mental skill that confers a myriad of benefits to one's physical and mental health and one's level of happiness. Practiced for over 2000 years under the name of Vipassana (in India), Mindfulness has in the past few decades been heavily studied by mainstream Western science, and it's benefits have been definitively verified by rigorous scientific experiments.
One improves their skill in Mindfulness by engaging in Mindfulness Meditation sessions and by practicing moment-to-moment Mindfulness during their daily life.
The principle benefit of Mindfulness that enhances the EMO experience is the ability to notice the rich, subtle details of one's immediate experience.
Promoted and taught by the for-profit corporation OneTaste, Orgasmic Meditation as a practice has been around for only a few years. Like EMO, Orgasmic Meditation involves a "Giver" partner providing sexual stimulation to a "Receiver" partner, while the "Receiver" partner focuses on the immediate sensations.
However, Orgasmic Meditation differs from EMO in a few important ways. First, Orgasmic Meditation discourages the incorporation of any social and Emotional Connection into the practice; EMO, in contrast, fosters a genuine social and Emotional Connection between the participants, so as to deepen the richness of intimacy of the EMO. Also, EMO leverages the benefits of Mindfulness training for enhancing appreciation of rich detail, whereas OM includes no special Mindfulness training. There are other differences, as well.
While Orgasmic Meditation is not actually practiced as a foundational skill for EMO, EMO does borrow from OM the concept of a "Container" - a "Nest" (yoga pad and pillows) PLUS a semi-strict protocol and a negotiation of boundaries that together promote a feeling of safety and minimize distracting concerns.
Emotional Connection between two partners enhances the depth and the intimacy that is experienced when the partners share sensual and sexual interaction. This fact is well known even to those without specific training in relationships. And Emotional Connection is in and of itself an enjoyable experience.
Because of the well-known benefits of Emotional Connection, there are many exercises for enhancing Emotional Connection between two people, and EMO leverages some of these exercises to deepen the bliss of the EMO participants and enhance the intimacy experienced during the practice.
The skill in technique that a Giver can employ in delivering sensual and sexual stimulation to a Receiver can go a long way toward enhancing the Receiver's experience in EMO. For that reason, EMO heavily leverages training in the skills of sensual and erotic massage, clitoral stimulation, G-spot stimulation, penile stimulation, and prostate stimulation.